Thursday, July 30, 2009

long time, no blog. . .now a working mom!

Life has been super busy. . .

I know, it tends to get that way with two children. However, between the boys, my husband's business trips, Kid's Rock Camp (which I am in the middle of), and my baby's christening, I am pooped!

As if it isn't enough to have two children, I am spending the week at the infamous Camp Emmanuel (at least, infamous to any pentecostal newfoundlander, haha) running, along with two other people, a children's camp. The first half of the week was camp for the western part of our province, and today at 3 registration for the eastern camp begins. So, along with my 2 boys, I now have partial responsibility for hundreds of other children (in total). Crazy? maybe!!

The camp has been awesome, and it never ceases to amaze me how in love with children I am. I love working with them, relating to them, hearing them. I love watching them interact with each other and with the adults around them. Mostly, I love watching them discover new things about God and realizing the importance of Him in their lives. There are many times that I envy them, with their amazing ability to believe and to accept things. I often find myself trying to find remnants of that in my inner core. . . not sure if it exists there anymore.

As a side note: I HAVE A JOB. . . which means that starting the beginning of September, I will be a working mom. Along with my own 2 children, I will have a class of grade 3 students that will also become my own children. . . that I will care for and spend time with. . . that I will connect with and learn with. . . I'm really excited! I feel like I've been waiting forever to have my own classroom and to have my own experience as a teacher. That being said, I feel torn about leaving my boys. I don't mind as much with my oldest, because he's older and he knows the difference between me and other people. I just do NOT want my youngest growing up thinking somebody else is mom, or being more attached with somebody else other than me. I guess it's a matter of playing a balancing act. . . making sure that the time you are at home is quality time with your babies. . . at least that's what I am hoping to attempt.

The wonderful thing is that my husband will probably be able to take care of the babies for at least half a day, so we'll only need a part time baby-sitter. And my position is only 75%, so I'm not sure what that will look like. There may be times that I can be at home. . . which is wonderful. . .

2 comments:

  1. 3 CHEERS FOR EMPLOYMENT!!!!

    Hip hip....hooray!
    Hip hip....hooray!
    Hip hip....horray!

    Employment is a good thing. I'm sure Andrew will know you're mom. He's sookier than Isaac.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete