Wednesday, June 24, 2009

An introduction to. . .

I have started this blog on the suggestion of my lovely sister, who is an avid blogger herself. She has suggested that I blog about our sleeping rituals in my house. I have decided, however, to make this an account of my life as a mother (and wife). When you're a mother, there are lots of lovely, exciting things that happen throughout the day.

For example, this morning, my oldest child (who, mind you, is still only 16 months old) was standing next to the swing holding his little brother and was kissing and talking to him. I thought, how sweet, he loves his little brother so much! I then look at the floor adn see a huge puddle. I think, where in the world did that come from? Since my children both wear diapers, I thought Isaac must have gotten into some water or something. Unfortunately, upon further investigation, I discover that my hypothesis was incorrect. Unfortunately, the puddle was pee. Isaac's diaper obviously could not hold up after all night. I made Brad clean up the pee, haha. . .

So, I guess for those of you who are reading this and may not know me. . . I am a 27 year old mother of two. My oldest child is 16 months old, my youngest is 2 months old (tomorrow, in fact). They are fantastic children, for the most part. I won't give away too much information, because my blogs will be based on them and you'll get to know them as I write in the future. My oldest child is named Isaac, and my youngset child is named Andrew (in case you need to know that for future reference). I am married to Brad, who has just switched careers from Pastor to Insurance Salesman. We have just moved and are trying to settle into a new town.

I am a teacher. At least, I am trying to be one. I have applied for jobs for September and had an interview this morning. I am hoping that I'll get at least a part time job for September (in fact, a part time job would be ideal with my boys being so young). I love children and teaching, I have enjoyed my time substituting. However, I feel that it is now time to have my own classroom and to have my own group of students to invest in.

My life has been a roller coaster the past couple of years, and so I am trying to get myself back in order and to get a sense of normalcy in my life. I suppose this blog can be considered a therapy for me, or at least a way for me to organize my thoughts in a productive way.

Stay tuned. . . there will be much more interesting (or boring, depending on your perspective) and specific blogs to come. . .

2 comments:

  1. bahahahaha, I love it. Little Isaac, poor thing over filled his diaper. He's such a sweet heart. You should get a photobucket account, or something similar to post pictures of the squids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! I'm happy you're blogging! We should start a site together: the Bloggy Sisters

    Seriously... it could work.

    Anyway, I think you need to change your background, though. :) It's going to make me get sick of mine even faster.

    ReplyDelete