Thursday, June 25, 2009

The Runaway Mom

Ok, so I am obviously having one of those days. You know, the kind where you feel like you might just run out the door at any moment and never look back? The kind of day where your children take EVERYTHING that you have and try every part of your patience. . .

The morning was wonderful, Andrew slept for a lot of it and Brad was home to help out. I got a chance to clean the bathroom and do the floors, so I thought I was having a pretty good day.

Then Brad has to leave for a lunch meeting.

Isaac decides to get tired and need a nap.

Andrew wakes up.

I put Andrew in his swing, where he was content for the time being and decided to try to Isaac to go down for a nap. That would free up a couple of hours, and after I fed Andrew I would have some time to myself and be able to get some things done around the house.

Isaac's eyes were HEAVY, I brought him in the room under his fan (he was warm) and sort of walked/sang/shook him until he was asleep. I, happily, placed him on his bed thinking I'd head out to Andrew and get him situated. As I was putting Isaac on the bed, he started BLARING and CLINGING to me for dear life! I thought, OK, he wasn't asleep enough. Took him up, and started the process all over again. In the middle of the "process", Andrew decided to have a huge poop and start crying to be changed. When Isaac was dead weight in my arms and breathing pretty steadily/heavily, I tried once again to put him down so I could go take care of my other screaming child. I went to put him on his bed and, much to my dismay, the SAME THING happened!

Andrew needed to be changed so I put Isaac down and let him cry and spit and snot until I got Andrew's bum changed. Then I put Andrew back in his swing and tried Isaac again. I waited longer this time, but once again he freaked out when I tried to put him down. I took him up and once again Andrew started crying as well, needing to be fed. So, I came out on the couch, got Andrew out of his swing. At this point, I had Isaac in one arm and Andrew in the other, using the same hand that was holding Andrew to feed him, and Isaac was getting mad because he could lay down in my arms.

After a while, Isaac gave in and went to sleep upright. I got excited and decided, once Andrew had enough milk, to try him again. Guess what happened. . .

Anyhow, Andrew was content to I layed him on the couch where he could see me and brought Isaac out and held him in my arms while I sat next to Andrew trying to entertain him. Isaac once again went to sleep and I, in my stubborn way, decided that I needed to try to bring him in to his bed again. I held my breath, prayed to the dear Lord for mercy, and brought him into his room.

HE STAYED!!!

I then came out, got Andrew and rocked/finished feeding him, and HE WENT TO SLEEP AS WELL! So, I have had about 5 minutes of peace, and since I started writing this have calmed down a bit. I no longer feel like running away, I now feel like staying forever :)

Just an average day in my house. . .

3 comments:

  1. I'm going to be with you guys super soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh... I'm going to have one, and it's scary.. I'm glad I don't have to figure out how to juggle two crying/sleepy/hungry/poopy babies. Unless you decide at some point to drop one of yours off for me to practice, I'll be ok with that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. L to the Aura: I CAN'T WAIT!!! I was asking last night how long it took to drive across canada. . . I wish I could just "beam you up"!!

    Crysto': haha, don't say that too fast. Watch, you'll have this one and get pregnant a couple of months later!! BUT, it's not always like that, yesterday was probably the worst day yet for having to juggle them. . .

    ReplyDelete